WHERE DO I FIND MY CRIMINAL RECORD?
You can access your record easily on the computer through the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Website found at:
Your criminal record is available from the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS). It costs $38 to have your record retrieved and must be paid with a money order or personal or certified check. Cash is not accepted. You must appear in person between 8 a.m. and 3:30 pm at:
CJIS – Central Repository
Reisterstown Plaza, Room 200
6776 Reisterstown Road
A word of caution: If you have pending warrants, you may want to get the help of an attorney to deal with those before contacting CJIS or the police!!
HOW TO FIND AND EXPUNGE YOUR CRIMINAL RECORDS
- Go to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search website:
- Read the Disclaimer box then check
I have read, understand and agree to the terms, conditions, and limitations noted above
- Click on “Continue” You will be taken to a record search page.
- Fill in Search Box – Last Name, First Name, Middle Name
- Case Type – Choose “All Case Types”
- Court System – Choose “Both Circuit and District”
- County – Leave the Default – “All”
- Filing Date – In this field, put in a large range date to make sure you capture all things. For Instance: From: “1/1/1990” To: today’s date
- Click on “Search”
- Find your records. Using date of birth is helpful, also checking for correct address if there are multiple records with the same name.
- Click on the Case Number once you have located your record
- The court record will open up. You will only be able to open one court record at a time.
- Make a copy of each court record so that you can review them for expungement eligibility.
- If you do not have access to a printer. Write down the Case Number for each of your court records.
- You can check for eligibility as well as file for expungement by going to the MDexungement.com website and filling in your case number and following the directions found on that website.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS HERE